- Location: London
- Rate: Competitive
- Contract Role
Work / tasks for the UX/UR person:
- Review and validate the metrics that feed into the GDS dashboards for each service:
- - Completion rate
- - Digital take up
- - Cost per transaction
- - User satisfaction
- - Identify other key metrics we should be using to understand performance and identify areas to improve.
- Establish a metrics baseline for each service and begin monitoring / analysing for insights.
- Map out up-to-date user journeys for each service.
- Prioritise areas of improvement and undertake deep-dive analysis to better understand problems
- Work with me and the business analysts to build and prioritise a hypothesis backlog for proposed enhancements.
- Build, test and iterate enhancements.
- Projects cover both the development of new user journeys on existing services or refining an existing service.
Coaching and advising for business-as-usual activities
- Validate / build our (currently very limited) understanding of our users, their needs and priorities.
- Make this information accessible to the rest of the team through resources like personas, a knowledge base on Confluence, F2F discussions, etc.
- Ensure we align to best practice design standards, whether on a big project or a small enhancement.
- Use customer knowledge to help inform decision-making.
- Produce user-friendly copy and designs on ad ad-hoc basis as smaller level enhancements are implemented.
Desirable technical skills and experience
- Experience of running user research assignments / projects using a range of methodologies to understand user needs.
- Excellent knowledge of UX best practice and experience of creating UX designs for digital products and services.
- Ability to combine user research and user experience skills to identify, understand and prioritise user issues; define desired outcomes and hypothesis for achieving them (linking to digital KPI's); implement and iterate optimisation experiments; and recording and sharing new learning and insights.
- Experience of performance analysis, conversion optimisation techniques and content design would be highly advantageous.
- Experience of working with frontend and backend developers to define and implement experiments / enhancements.
- Experience working in agile multidisciplinary teams, preferably following the Digital By Default GDS Service Standard: user-first approach, accessible solutions, responsive 'mobile-first' web apps, continuous improvement (backlogs, sprints, retrospectives).
- Experience with GDS design standards, templates and patterns.
- Experience of building rapport / strong working relationships with business stakeholders to define priorities and design / implement optimisation experiments.
- Experience of communicating learning and insights with different types of stakeholders, including technical stakeholders and senior stakeholders.
- Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Security
- Demonstrable evidence from previous assignments of impact of enhancements to digital products / services.
- Ability / desire to be flexible with the roles of UR / UX and also take on minor performance analysis, conversion optimisation and content design activities - Equivalent to the Full Stack developer principle.
- Excellent analytical, evaluative and problem solving abilities.
Interested? Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org ref: UX Designer