- Location: Central London
- Salary: Competitive
- Permanent Role
As a Software Engineer, you will form the fundamental building blocks of our core teams. You will be a budding technology enthusiast with a drive to help design, develop and deliver software solutions.
You will have an excellent knowledge of at least one programming language and be familiar with a variety of operating systems and platforms. You will also have an analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail.
The goal is to write “clean” and flawless code to produce fully functional software applications according to requirements.
Fulfilling this role, you will act as both a Software Engineer and a Technical Consultant in an established and trusted consulting firm operating in both the private and public sectors.
- Understand client requirements and how they translate into application features
- Collaborate with members of your team to break features into stories
- Design working prototypes according to specifications
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to refactor, update and add new features
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
The key activity areas that we would look for you to excel in are:
Analysing Information, Software Design, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Teamwork, General Programming Skills, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements and Software Architecture Patterns.
- Minimum of 1 years of development experience
- Applied experience of at least one selected application framework (Spring, Angular 2+ or Ruby on Rails)
- Understanding and ability of relational and non relational databases (e.g PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Solid understanding with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
- Familiarity with automating infrastructure provisioning using Ansible or Docker Containers
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
Interested? Email your CV to email@example.com | ref: Software Engineer